Jan 1 | ‘Oshogatsu’ Japanese New Year Fest 2023: Little Tokyo, Los Angeles
Oshogatsu Festivals – Japanese New Year Celebrations
Japanese New Year Celebration: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m
- Japanese Village Plaza, 335 E. 2nd St., Los Angeles, CA
Oshogatsu Family Festival – Year of the Rabbit: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m
- National Japanese American Museum, 100 N. Central Ave., Los Angeles, CA
from Go to Little Tokyo:
“Known as OshogatsuJapanese New Year is one of the most significant holidays in Japanese culture.
Ring in 2023, the Year of the Rabbit, with two free, family-friendly events in Little Tokyo presented by the Southern California Japanese Chamber of Commerce on Sunday, January 1 and the Japanese American National Museum on Sunday, January 8, 2023 .
“Japanese New Year Celebration: Sunday, January 1, 2023, 10:00 – 15:00 | Japanese Village Plaza
- Experience all the magic of the traditional Japanese New Year with a full day of cultural events presented by the Japanese Chamber of Commerce of Southern California. Bring the whole family to enjoy an energetic day in Little Tokyo filled with live entertainment and cultural activities, including Mochitsuki, a Shamisen show and a kimono fashion show!
- Experience the Japanese way of celebrating the New Year 2023 in the heart of Southern California on January 1st. From entertainment, food, cultural activities for children and a sake festival, it is one of the most exciting events that can take place in the Japanese community.
- Oshogatsu in Little Tokyo will take place at Little Tokyo’s Weller Court and Japanese Village Plaza from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- For more information visit littletokyola.org/calendar.
“Oshogatsu Family Festival – Year of the Rabbit: Sunday, January 8, 2023, 11:00-17:00 | Japanese American National Museum
- Ring in the new year at the Japanese American National Museum’s annual Oshogatsu Family Festival with Year of the Rabbit-inspired crafts, origami, scavenger hunts and candy sculpture demonstrations by Shan Ichiyanagi. Join in person to experience cultural activities and live outdoor music performances by Kodama Taiko.
- RSVPs are strongly recommended. Those who RSVP and scan their ticket at the JANM membership desk at the Oshogatsu Family Festival will be entered into a drawing for an exclusive JANM gift bag.
- For more information visit janm.org/events.”
MORE INFO HERE
–Image: James Giovanni Pan/Southern California Japanese Chamber of Commerce.