We ranked the accuracy of video games set in D.C
The Division 2 takes you to a post-apocalyptic view of Washington, DC: Ubisoft/Axios
Surprisingly, video games set in Washington, DC, are few and much between, however listed here are three that depict the District with various levels of accuracy.
Tony Hawk Proving Ground
DC Accuracy Rating: 4/10
In this 2007 Playstation 2 sport, you play as legendary skater Tony Hawk performing tips in Baltimore, Philadelphia and DC the place you may shred round the US Capitol and the National Center.
Realism: The sport takes some liberties with the Capitol’s facade, including railings, fountains, and a swimming pool-sized void in entrance of the constructing.
- Players are additionally in a position to skate by a rocket in entrance of the National Air and Space Museum, conveniently situated immediately subsequent to the Capitol, earlier than avoiding safety guards to enter the constructing.
DC Accuracy Rating: 7/10
In this 2008 Bethesda Softworks sport, gamers discover and battle their means by a dystopian DC that is surprisingly correct (if the Washington Monument was partially destroyed and half of the Capitol Dome was lacking, that’s.)
Realism: Bethesda, which is predicated in Rockville, will get a gold star for capturing the facades and interiors of DC buildings.
- The National Archives rotunda is remarkably correct, Games Radar famous.
The most fun half of this sport is that it would not simply cease at the metropolis middle. Players can tunnel by subway stations to go to Dupont Circle, Friendship Heights, Arlington National Cemetery, and even the ruins of Fairfax and Bethesda.
- However, the map takes some liberties: FDR Island and N. Potomac are each subway stations in the sport.
DC Accuracy Rating: 10/10
From Axios Gaming’s Stephen Totilo: DC’s finest video sport is 2019’s motion title The Division 2. Ubisoft builders spent two years making a 1:1 rendering of the metropolis, an organization spokesperson tells me.
- I can personally attest that spending dozens of hours on this sport made navigating the actual DC simpler for me.
The Division DC is set months after a organic weapon assault induced most of the residents to flee. The metropolis is overgrown as the authorities’s particular brokers (The Division) and the remaining civilians strive to withstand the encroachment of varied paramilitary gangs.
Realism: Major missions are set in actual authorities buildings and memorials, and several other notable museums are recreated, together with Air & Space and the defunct Newseum.
- While there’s quite a bit of taking pictures in the sport, it is attainable to stroll round the sport’s digital DC and take a look at the footage. It places the re-creation of rival games from cities like New York and Los Angeles to disgrace.