Six injured, including two kids, in London church shooting: cops

Six injured, including two kids, in London church shooting: cops

Six people, including a 7-year-old girl with life-threatening injuries, were injured in a shooting outside a London church on Saturday after a double funeral for a mother and daughter – and just as doves were about to be released, according to police and reports. .

Three women, aged 48, 54 and 41, were taken to a London hospital with the 48-year-old’s injuries described as “potentially life-changing”, police said.

A 21-year-old woman was also taken to a central London hospital and there was no word on her condition. A 12-year-old boy was treated and released from the hospital with a minor leg injury, police said.

The attack happened in the early afternoon during a funeral at St Aloysius RC Church, near Euston train station, the BBC reported.

Medics from the London Ambulance Service and the London Air Ambulance responded, police said.

“Any shooting incident is unacceptable, but for so many people, including two children, to be injured by gunfire in the middle of a Saturday afternoon is shocking,” Metropolitan Police Superintendent Ed Wells said. “Our thoughts are with all the victims, but especially with the 7-year-old girl who is in a life-threatening condition and with her family.”

The drive-by shooting reportedly happened outside the church where funeral services were being held for a mother and her 20-year-old daughter, according to the Daily Mail.

Police responded to reports that shots were fired from a moving vehicle.Simon Lamrock Police remained at the scene outside St. Aloysius Church after dark. REUTERS The shooting reportedly happened outside the funeral of Fresia and Sara / Sara Sanchez

“When the service was over, we were outside to watch the pigeons fly. A black car came and started (shooting) bullets. It was chaotic,” Jaouida Ifghallal told the MyLondon website.

In early January, the website wrote about the mother, Fresia Calderon, 50, and her daughter, Sara Sanchez, 20, who had been battling leukemia for three years.

Calderon died of a pulmonary embolism in November after a flight from Colombia to London. She collapsed in front of Sanchez and her son.

Sanchez had traveled to Colombia to see family and friends after an experimental cancer treatment was unsuccessful, according to MyLondon.

“The sudden death of Fresia hurt Sarah beyond repair. Sara gave up all hope for her future and lost her fight against cancer. She also refused chemotherapy that would prolong her days. On November 30, at 5:13 p.m., surrounded by those she loved most, Sara sadly took her last breath,” a family member told the website.

London police asked anyone who saw the shooting to call them.

“An urgent investigation is underway and the details of the incident are still emerging. At this early stage no arrests have been made,” London’s Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *